[RE-wrenches] AL wire with DC

bob reellison at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 04:37:04 PDT 2010

I don't think most of the breakers and wire ends we use (or at least I) are
rated for Al use. I don't use Al at all and try to have as few splices as
possible. Each splice is a potential problem and with Al a failure in the
insulation can result in the wire just corroding away if it's buried. I
don't think it makes a difference if it's the + or - wire.

Later,
Bob