[RE-wrenches] maximum efficiency module inquiry

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 19 07:56:35 PDT 2010

Hello Kirk,

See champion cell efficiencies in slide 11 at http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy09osti/44201.pdf

When price is no object, some solar vehicles have used space program gallium arsenide cells. See http://photovoltaics.sandia.gov/docs/PVFSCGallium_Arsenide_Solar_Cells.htm

Joel Davidson

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kirk Herander, VSE
  To: 'RE-wrenches'
  Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 6:34 AM
  Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] maximum efficiency module inquiry

  Peter, Keith,

  What I / they are interested in is max kwh/day in their climate. I don't know what they are willing to pay or receive for being a beta site, the first step is to see what's out there and what it takes to get it installed if appropriate. This customer is an outside-the-box thinker that doesn't often take no for an answer, and maximum energy harvest will trump the cost.

  The site is in the Mid-Atlantic U.S. - it is common for temps to be in the upper 90's with high humidity in summer. Delivery would occur in mid 2011.

  Kirk Herander

  Vermont Solar Engineering

  802.863.1202

  NABCEP(tm) Certified Solar Installer