[RE-wrenches] Best practices for mounting on cedar shake roof?

Ken Schaal ken at commonwealthsolar.com
Thu Jul 15 22:23:57 PDT 2010

The last time I used Geocel--many years ago-- it reacted with asphalt negatively.
I find it hard to beat plain black silicone to seal lags and bolts, especially when under compression. Lasts forever !

Well, looks like new even after 30+ years.

Perhaps the current Geocel is a different formulation---------

Ken Schaal---an old solar thermal wrench-- first install in '76
CommonWealth Solar