[RE-wrenches] Best practices for mounting on cedar shake roof?

Max Balchowsky max at seesolar.com
Wed Jul 14 19:16:44 PDT 2010

I love that idea. We've been using the prosolar 3.5 in standoffs and the Oatley
flashing on comp shingles, then then roofing up to the array with tile, or
shake, or what ever the existing roof was, But the standing seam would give the
array a much lower profile. In the early days before all the fancy mounting
hardware we used power strut a rod hangers to keep a low profile. We'd been
using it for years on commercial roofs to hold a myriad of equipment..... we
just finished a system in a very large So Cal HOA that has, and requires shake
to be used on any re roof. I'm going to use standing seam and the S-5 clamps on
the next one. Thanks....

 Max Balchowsky
Design Engineer
SEE Systems