[RE-wrenches] AM noise on battery less inverters

Bob-O Schultze bob-o at electronconnection.com
Mon Jun 28 06:37:36 PDT 2010

Not all sinewave inverters cause the AM wipeout by a long stretch, but those Morningstar 300W jobs are one of the worst. I refuse to sell them.
Bob-O KG6MM
On Jun 27, 2010, at 6:58 PM, Glenn Burt wrote:

I just saw this firsthand this week -
I was out camping and had a Morningstar SureSine 300W inverter inverter
setup on the camper to charge a few things, and as Field day was
approaching, setup my HF ham radio (running off the same deep cycle
battery), adjacent to the inverter. My antenna was up in the trees ~ 40 ft
directly above & fed by ladder line (G5RV for those who know). I turned on
the inverter & bam, wiped out my radio reception....

So I adjusted my operating time to be opposite the times we needed to run
the inverter...

-Glenn
KA2DTH