[RE-wrenches] PV solar powered pond aeration compressor

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 07:19:57 PDT 2010

Just one more datum.  My friend that works in water quality in several minnesota lakes responded as follows:

Hey Darryl, we have large compressors that require a lot of power and maintenance and are supposed to increase the oxygen level in the bottom of the lake and keep the phosphorus in the sediment. We don't use them anymore, energy and effectivness. We are looking toward hypolimnetic withdrawal to remove the phosphorus rich water and spray it on an adjoining alfalfa fields. $300,000.

But the SolarBee is what I think your looking for and we haven't installed one yet, because our engineers didn't design them, but I think they work and can be used deep or shallow. Bacteria does most of the breaking down of organic material which can result in oxygen depletion and any mixing of the water is bound to help restore the O2 levels.
    http://www.solarbee.com/    I'll see if I can get one running in the Kingston project and I'll let you know. Good to here from you

FYI
Darryl