[RE-wrenches] Supply side tap not allowed

Philip Boutelle philboutelle at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 12:11:22 PDT 2010

Jeff,

I'm guessing that the document your AHJ saw or is referring to is here, and
might help you prepare for the meeting with the AHJ:

http://www.ul.com/global/documents/corporate/aboutul/publications/newsletters/electricalconnections/april10.pdf

I got wind of this document from John Wiles, and he has always been pretty
adamant about panels being listed for a supply side tap, which they usually
aren't, especially if it is a meter/main combination (or an old Zinsco).
Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Phil Boutelle

Project Engineer
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer TM
Real Goods Solar, Inc.

www.RealGoodsSolar.com <http://www.iesolar.com/>

[image: cid:image001.png at 01CA4E40.031FCE50]