[RE-wrenches] Mage Solar

Dan Fink danbob at hughes.net
Wed Jun 2 21:36:13 PDT 2010

"Globally-operating," starting soon to build PV modules in the USA, and
"German-rooted?" (press release pasted below)

What a strange new world we live in.

It is most much very likely to be in China building right now for to the
panels solar of manufacture modules from place in origin of, but that's
only my guess because they never actually say where the modules are
built. But if MAGE translates the spec sheets and get it all through UL
and CE and all such testing and provide the warranty and then starts
building them locally, well? I guess it comes down to track record vs.
price.

I'm very curious about their 'academy.' I bet others are too.

DAN FINK
Buckville Energy Consulting
http://www.buckville.com/

------------------

2010/05/17

Dublin, Georgia, to be New Home to German-Rooted Solar Company
Ravensburg (Germany), May 17, 2010 – MAGE SOLAR GMBH, part of the
globally operating MAGE GROUP, and the Governor of Georgia, Sonny
Perdue, today announced the setup of the solar company’s North American
headquarters and production facility for photovoltaic modules in the
state of Georgia. In the city of Dublin in Laurens County MAGE SOLAR
will invest $30 million to create 350 jobs within the next 5 years.

The new North American corporate campus of MAGE SOLAR will be home to
the company’s headquarters, a large manufacturing facility as well as a
solar academy. All administrative and operational processes necessary to
serve the growing U.S. solar market will be managed by the new
headquarters. The manufacturing facility for MAGE SOLAR’s crystalline
photovoltaic modules will satisfy the market demand respectively. In the
first phase, the production capacity will be 40MW with a total capacity
of 800MW after the last stage of expansion. Due to the great potential
of the American continent and the steadily increasing demand, the
production of MAGE POWERTEC PLUS modules is scheduled to begin around
the end of this year. MAGE SOLAR also plans to build an academy for
solar education to promote solid solar knowledge and training in the
industry.

Hello Wrenches,

Who has tried Mage solar modules?
http://www.magesolar.com/us/products/mono-and-polycrystalline-modules.html

They look really good with a 30 year power warranty, a 10 year product
warranty  and +5% tolerance.   Does anyone have hands on experience with
these products?  Is it a reliable company?

-TIA

Drake Chamberlin
NABCEP TM  Certified PV Installer