[RE-wrenches] current carrying conductor

Exeltech exeltech at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 14:57:43 PDT 2010

Allan is correct.

In a 240V 3-wire system (L-N-L), neutral carries no current with 240V loads.  In a *perfectly balanced* 120V system with absolutely equal loads on both L1 and L2, neutral again carries no current.  Key here .. absolutely equal loads.  Given unequal loads (the norm), the neutral leg carries current.

Dan