[RE-wrenches] BP SX 170B

Nick Soleil nicksoleilsolar at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 10:51:26 PDT 2010

Hi Kirpal:
    I just removed one of these last week.  BP will provide a warranty replacement, and they will cover $100 for the labor if you bill them for it.  BP will replace it with one of the newer 175 watt modules, which have very similar ratings.  I have seen a bunch of these modules shatter after the j-box connections overheated.  I have seen many of these modules with scorched connections at the j-box, but only 1/2 or so will result in cracked glass.

 Nick Soleil
Project Manager
Advanced Alternative Energy Solutions, LLC
PO Box 657
Petaluma, CA 94953
Cell:   707-321-2937
Office: 707-789-9537