[RE-wrenches] BP Boycott?

bob reellison at gmail.com
Wed May 5 14:47:28 PDT 2010

I am not pleased by any means with what is happening with the rig, but it
does beg the question "where is the gear that was to have been built to help
with catastrophes like this?" It was ordered by Washington but was
apparently never built and probably never funded. This was ordered by a law
after the Exxon Valdese to be used in cases like this.

Does anyone realize this was not a producing rig? It was just finishing
drilling and had not set the shut off gear on the well head when whatever
happened, happened.

There will be enough blame to go around but it rests with the rig owners as
well as BP and Washington as well as whoever or whatever caused it.
I find it strange they sent SWAT teams to all the other rigs but deny that
this could be anything but an accident.

This probably does not belong on this list and will be my last comment but I
might start using BP panels to support them. From the reaction in Washington
they would rather have everyone hating the oil companies then actually step
in to help with the plans that were in place and could have been implemented
if they wanted to follow their own emergency plans.

Sometimes bad stuff happens to good people.

Bob