[RE-wrenches] Heinz 57 off-grid array - What should I do with thesolar modules?

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Sun May 2 19:39:05 PDT 2010

Bob,

        Do everyone a favor and dump the modules.  They can be used in classroom demos, power a greenhouse fan, an inspirational birthday present for the nephew/niece ..... esp because you want to re-rack!  Although you haven't told us if they are ground or roof or pole mount.  Geez, either way, mechanically (racks) and electrically (mismatches) sounds like a problem.

        Looks like you may have about a C/40 rate for PVs to batt, you need more PV anyway..maybe you can find some old Arco M53s to (mis)match the other PVs?  Better yet, install a KW of new PV, they seem to have plenty of battery for a few days of autonomy at just .6KWhrs/day.  This may be a little overkill with PV but with the wide variety of PVs they have, they must have a history of 'load creep'.

Bill
Feather River Solar Electric
4291 Nelson St.
Taylorsville, CA  95983