[RE-wrenches] Ideal platform for flooded type batteries: opinions wanted

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Fri Apr 30 10:31:12 PDT 2010

We had a HUP cell freeze and crack once, and it didn't leak out.
I just double checked with Northwest Energy Storage, and they confirmed that the steel casing will contain a spill, and doesn't have drain holes.
They said that in one case, a customer overfilled the batteries, and that the casing actually held several gal.s of overflow.
Also, I mentioned previously that the casing was powder coated, its actually an epoxy coating.

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer