[RE-wrenches] FM60/rectifier for gen charging

toddcory at finestplanet.com toddcory at finestplanet.com
Tue Apr 27 01:30:01 PDT 2010

Ahh, the old "DT kludge". I have done this here at my home because the GFX only has one AC input... grr... so this is a good workaround. As long as you take the 120 or 240 down to ~ 60 volts, you will be fine. My 3 kW xmfr (got used online - very heavy and expensive) has a 240 volt input/outputs and a 120 volt output/inputs. This is the 2:1 ratio you are after. Run the output through a heavy duty bridge rectifier (I used 80 amp at 600 PIV from digikey) on a good heat sink (also from digikey). The output goes to the MX/FM 60/80. You can adjust the output (if you need to) in the CC menu.

Todd