[RE-wrenches] Volcanos, reduced solar production and kWh performance warranties

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Mon Apr 26 10:44:01 PDT 2010

Something you can do is guarantee a kWh amount given a certain amount of
irradiance. Offer X annual kWh given 2000 sun-hours, perhaps. If you're
in a snowy area, just make sure the irradiance meter keeps snow on it as
long as the modules would.

Of course you wouldn't just take 0.8 into PVWatts and make that your
guarantee... a hot year could impact your production quite a bit so be
sure to include a cushion. Other things can still bite you here, like
the aforementioned example where there's a delay getting an inverter
tech to a remote area.