[RE-wrenches] Taping Splices/Tees

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Sun Apr 25 06:21:37 PDT 2010

At this point, there are much better products for splicing than split bolts. The insulated splice blocks don't need tape, and are easy to check later too.
I just don't see a reason to use uninsulated splices anymore. All your time spent wrapping (and unwrapping) will more than pay the difference for the better connector.
Especially after many on this list were advocating for less than 1% volt drop,  you have to use superior connectors to get even close.
My field measurements have shown that wire was usually had less loss than predicted, while resistance across connections was higher.

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer