[RE-wrenches] low cost DAS systems

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Wed Apr 21 07:32:38 PDT 2010

I spent some time researching power monitoring equipment for a commercial project earlier this year - a short list of the ones I found interesting follows:

http://www.powerlogic.com/index.cfm
http://www.dentinstruments.com/
http://www.elkor.net/
http://www.veris.com/
http://www.accuenergy.com/
http://www.electroind.com/
http://www.electrex.it/eng/home.php

Most of these are quite expensive at around $1,000 for a 3-phase monitor.  Almost all of them have EIA485 ModBus outputs and could easily be linked to a BAS or microcontroller for alarming & logging.

Electro Industries' Shark line is quite affordable (~$350-$550 depending on featureset) and some have Ethernet or WiFi options.