[RE-wrenches] overfeed 7kW gridtie inverter or drop a mod per string?

David Brearley david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Tue Apr 20 08:33:13 PDT 2010

In the same issue of SolarPro as the “Optimal PV-to-Inverter” Sizing Ratio”
article (April/May 2010), the lead article is “Production Modeling for
Grid-Tied PV Systems” by Tarn Yates and Bradley Hibberd at Borrego Solar:

http://solarprofessional.com/article/?file=SP3_3_pg30_Yates

While your question below can’t be answered using PVWatts, it can be
answered using the Solar Advisor Model (SAM), which was developed by NREL
and Sandia w/ DOE funding. SAM is available for free download here:

www.nrel.gov/analysis/sam/

David Brearley, Senior Technical Editor
SolarPro magazine
NABCEP Certified PV Installer ™