[RE-wrenches] 600VDC Safety Switch question

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 19:47:30 PDT 2010

Allan,

Square D makes 2-, 3-, and 4-pole models from 30 amps to 1200 amps that are
600Vdc rated. They have by far the most selection of any company at the
moment. The 200-Amp and up versions must pass through two poles of the same
switch. I'm using 3, 2-pole 600A units on 500 kW inverters at the moment. It
all depends on the layout of your combiner boxes. Let me know when you are
ready to do some design work. It ain't residential.

Bill.