[RE-wrenches] Fwd: DC wire sizing

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Apr 6 11:31:10 PDT 2010

This is interesting, because once again the normal electrical protection systems assume an almost infinite current supply to work properly, which is obviously not true for many solar applications.
I've seen sustained series arcs that were current limited by the load, and therefore lower than the fuse rating, still turn relay contacts into molten blobs that dripped onto other equipment.

On a separate note, Julie Haugh should be on the Wrenches list, she has a wealth of info to offer us. Its our loss, that she's not being allowed on currently.

Thanks,

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer