[RE-wrenches] windenergy7

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 16:14:45 PDT 2010

HI all
my last posts have not shown, heres hoping.
I have seen two of these installed on roofs.  I have and one of my students now a solar installer,(NABCEP) has been called to repair.  he moved the turbine and placed the turbine on a bergey tower, and it appears to perform like a XL0.1 (1kW) it has been up for about 1 month.

I was called to repair a different unit for no output, in fact negative output (but very little) .  I visited the site on a windy day and it was not putting out any significant energy, it was looking for the wind, it would turn left then right, speed up and slow down, like a crazy machine, never holding steady.  there were occasions of energy output but it would drop to - about -0.2 amps which I figure is normal wind conditioning unit power draw.  The system uses Outback inverter to change the 48 volt DC power to AC grid.  I am confident the outbacks were performing up to expectation, the turbine was not.
Darryl