[RE-wrenches] Using Metal Roof as conductor

Dan Fink danbob at hughes.net
Thu Apr 1 10:46:22 PDT 2010

Very good idea for the cost-conscious consumer and installer! It could
also lower PV module cleaning and maintenance costs by dramatically
reducing pigeon, squirrel and other avian or rodent populations that
foul PV arrays and chew wires.

My consulting client at our meeting this morning said he wants to
install a large PV array to power his off-grid home; however he is
located on a north-facing slope deep in a  canyon, so the array must be
mounted over 1/2 mile from the house. We have decided to run all power
at 600 volts from the array to house via the existing electric fence,
saving money and also thus mitigating wildlife damage problems on the
property, including bears, moose, and pumas.

DAN FINK
Bucvkille Energy Consulting LLC