[RE-wrenches] Ground Mount PV DC Disconnects and 690.13

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Tue Mar 30 13:21:44 PDT 2010

I'd agree that 690.13/14 don't require a DC disconnect out there
(notably 690.14(C)(5)). I'd still think it's a good idea for maintenance
and safety so that you don't need to go 300 feet to turn off power and
worry about lockout/tagout.

You would have to wire the two outer poles in series to use the 361RB
disconnect per its UL listing. Per Schneider Electric's "Self-Certified"
method you'd be fine breaking it just once (the 30A disconnect can take
a 12.8A Isc).