[RE-wrenches] Module Connectors

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Mar 22 04:18:50 PDT 2010

That's why we never bought the crimping tools. We just order the ready made cables with each job. We have surprisingly little waste of cable.  I worked out the difference in cost ,and it was going to take us decades to pay for the crimper. Until they settle on a connector, I'm just going to keep going with the ready mades. They're really pretty easy to use, male on one end, female on the other, cut the first exactly to length, and usually the left over cable is about right for the other end. Its actually faster in the field, than making up ends on the roof. I've worked with other installers that have the crimpers, so I've had a chance to compare both methods. I'm still not getting a crimper.

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer