[RE-wrenches] Demand Charge Reduction by PV

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 11:55:10 PDT 2010

Hi Peter
I have posted on same topic, not well written however.  I have a customer now that I am working with his load factor is 10% to 20%, I am hoping to do a demand reduction.  Also I have some data on past experiences dating back to 2003, I was trying to get Outback to help and they were too busy and I was on to tight a budget, so the attempt was dropped.  However Christopher F made many suggestions.

I did record some data, and I have checked the data logger, it appears over the years the 25+kW solar has saved no less than about 5 kW in demand.  As you correctly point out the max demand occurs and most of the time the solar is contributing, however on days that would not have been the monthly peak have not had solar and the savings were reduced.  I have only a few business data records, and I can not make any generalizations.

Darryl Thayer