[RE-wrenches] Generators and Grid-tie Systems

Tump tump at hughes.net
Thu Mar 4 04:43:56 PST 2010

I have never been able to  get my generators to connect w/ a grid tie
inverter. The Kohler 20kW Isochronous generator electronic AVR doesn't nor
does the smaller Onan, Honda or even I had a customer w/  125kW & the SMA
wouldn't latch on despite the quality of power tiring to connect w/o a load.
I too was told by SMA to connect to the line side of the ATS, but that
doesn't mean that I haven't seen connection to the load side & have seen no
ill effects from this type of connection, just inverter not latching on.