[RE-wrenches] Future module mis-match

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Thu Feb 25 11:41:45 PST 2010

We have been impressed recently with Enphase microinverters. These
somewhat solve the mismatched panel spec/performance issue, but not the
panel size issue, of course. If fit is a problem, a single
panel/inverter pair can be eliminated and the rail cut short. You end up
with a smaller system, but at least you don't have to deal with
series/parallel and string sizing issues.

Of course, what if future Enphase inverters are not compatible to
"daisy-chain" with current models? In that case, eliminating a
module/inverter would be the only solution. Hopefully Enphase is
thinking about this, because it would be a big help in this mismatch
issue.

Jason Szumlanski
Fafco Solar
http://fafcosolar.com