[RE-wrenches] Grid-Tie Upgrade Problem

Cary Lane cary at energyconcepts.net
Fri Feb 19 07:15:17 PST 2010

Hi Allan,

While you want to get as close as you can on voltage, look at the actual power mismatch loss and you can use current modules with very little loss.  I looked at Suntech 175s because that is what we stock.  The voltage with 9 or 10 modules was either 6% low or 4% high.  If your Vmp is 5% off between strings, the actual power mismatch for the array will be less than 2%.

Cary

Cary Lane
Energy Concepts Corporation
HC 68 Box 11AA