[RE-wrenches] discharging Rolls batteries

James Surrette james at surrette.com
Thu Jan 14 11:15:25 PST 2010

Hi Dan,

Good point.

A quick chart on freezing temperatures vs SG;

Specific Gravity

(cor. to 80° F/26° C)Freezing Temp
1.280 -92° F (-69° C)
1.265-72.3° F (-57° C)
1.250-62° F (-52° C)
1.200-16° F (-27° C)
1.150+5° F (-15° C)
1.100+19° F (-7.2° C)

Regards,

Jamie

>>> <dan at foxfire-energy.com> 1/14/2010 10:56 AM >>>

More important than loss of capacity at low temps, (at least in my
world), is the fact that battery freeze points rise considerably -- with
a reduced State of charge... So you get a sort of double whammy... not
only do you get less capacity, but they freeze easier.

Dan Brown
President
Foxfire Energy Corp.
Renewable Energy Systems