[RE-wrenches] Xantrex XW4548 noise problem

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Fri Jan 8 16:27:01 PST 2010

Hi Ryan,
   We have a lot of XW's installed and not one of them is what I would
call loud. I would call the SW and SW Plus series loud. If it is simply
that he is sensitive to noise I would recommend having a dead air space
between whatever you layer the wall with. I built a recording studio
for someone in another life and we used a very elaborate system of
rubber "stand-offs" between layers of firewall to dampen sound. Just a
though....

Daryl