[RE-wrenches] Fire Fighters

Dan Fink danbob at hughes.net
Tue Dec 14 17:29:39 PST 2010

Andrew;

I think that in the future, the solution to the dilemma of entire roof
aspects fully covered in PV vs. firefighter safety is going to be
module-level control. Some shade mitigation systems already have it,
including an "all stop" button at the system control center. I hope some
electronic nerd somewhere is working on an inexpensive automated module
safety cutout. If the unit cost were low enough, the economics might
work out.

My fire department had to cut through a roof for ventilation in high
winds just last week. It's horrible, dangerous work, and having access
to the right location on the lee side, and a quick and safe escape
route, are essential.

DAN FINK
Buckville Energy Consulting LLC
IREC/ISPQ accredited Continuing Education Provider