[RE-wrenches] Outback Mate Controller Issues

Warren Lauzon warren at wind-sun.com
Thu Dec 9 10:27:31 PST 2010

Have not seen that in Outback systems before, but have seen it in similar setups. Never conclusively figured out what caused it, but as the 3-4 instances all occurred in winter when humidity was very low and static discharge was common, that could have caused the memory in the internal circuits to lose or scramble data. Kind of like a mini-EMP blast. But that is just a theory, not a proven cause.