[RE-wrenches] Internet-based monitoring -- including battery banks?

Jason Lerner wapalco at rockisland.com
Tue Nov 30 10:11:44 PST 2010

Hi Dan,

A far as off grid system data monitoring,  especially with Outback
gear, I really like the products from Julie Haugh at greenHouse
computers.  http://www.greenhousepc.com/greenMonitor.html  The
technical support is incredible.  The software is highly
programmable,  reliable, and keeps power consumption to a minimum.
The data gathered can be viewed in spreadsheets,  graphs, plots,
mobile browser, email notifications, etc. without all the more flashy
CO2 offset numbers like a fat spaniel readout.  Out of all the
products she offers,  the gmMate which allows an Outback mate to be
viewed on a computer off site,  and the gmLite,  which is a little
data monitor that runs off the AUX output from an Outback FX/VFX are
my favorite.

Best,

Jason Lerner
Waldron Power and Light Co.