[RE-wrenches] Seeking tool belt advice

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Sun Nov 28 09:56:38 PST 2010

HI Allan;

I converted years ago to a single clip-on leather pouch from Texas hold um. This one pouch holds my needle nose, 9" line's man pliers, wire stripper/ crimper, 10" channel locks, dike cutter, utility knife, mini screw driver, and the Klein multi-tip screw driver.
I found walking around all day with more gear on, really slowed me down, and made climbing a ladder more dangerous.
I have a couple of leather bottomed bags  I use on the roof to carry other tools, Drills, drivers, parts, etc.
You might be surprised how much you can do with a stripped down setup, and not have as sore a back at the end of the day!
None of us on this list are getting younger or stronger, so we have to make up for it with our gear. (or go into consulting/ teaching)
Also, for a nice selection of tool belts, etc. try http://www.duluthtrading.com I've had good luck with them.

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer