[RE-wrenches] 120 volt grid tie inverter

Richard Scott rscott at kaco-newenergy.com
Tue Nov 16 11:20:38 PST 2010

The KACO blueplanet 1502xi inverter has a minimum MPPT voltage of 125Vdc
but cannot be connected to a battery.

I would not recommend hooking a battery up to the input of just any grid
tie inverter unless it was designed for it.
The current from a battery is significantly higher than that of a PV
array and can damage the inverter or cause it to fail in a way which
could be unsafe.

Sincere regards,
Richard Scott
KACO New Energy