[RE-wrenches] eternabond or epdm?

Mark Dickson Mark at OasisMontana.com
Mon Nov 15 07:42:33 PST 2010

Wrenches,

It has been a while since I have seen this subject and I was wondering if
there has been more experience in the field with using either EPDM or
products such as http://www.eternabond.com/DoubleStick-p/cr-ds.htm for
sealing L-feet or stand-offs directly to metal roofing. . .

Seems to make sense to directly seal off the one or two holes for that lags
rather than placing a boot over it and drilling 20 screws around the Otey.
The only weakness I could see would be the seal directly over the lags, but
I think this could be cured with a dollop of silicone or other EPDM safe
caulk in and on top of the hole.

My main worry is the compression of the material over time, which may
compromise the bond/seal.

Has anyone successfully used the Eternabond-looks like it could be a good
solution.

Best regards,

Mark Dickson,

NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer T