[RE-wrenches] SB Power during countdown

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Sun Nov 7 17:19:12 PST 2010

Gilligan,

Below is the data you asked for:

A)  Measure and Record DC Voltage between Positive and Negative
(VOC).     0.0 to 0.1
B)  Measure and Record DC Voltage between Positive and
Ground.                 0.0 to 0.1
C)  Measure and Record DC Voltage between Negative and
Ground.                503 VDC

No sign of rain.

No evidence of a ground fault.  If a fault exists, it is
intermittent.  The system worked fine for a week with the new
inverter.  Since it went down, I've done repeated checks and found no
evidence of a fault.  Fortunately the system is close by.

There is one string of 10, Sanyo 210s.  The installation is 9 months
old.   The only J-Box is in the attic and is dry and wired very
cleanly.  The system worked great until a few weeks ago.

I will check the rotation of wheel on the meter again, when we get
the GFP fuses in.  I think the inverter was producing power.

No Spark on the DC wires.

Note:  The first inverter did NOT blow the GFP fuse.  I worked intermittently.

Has anyone had problems with Sanyo modules faulting?

Thanks,

Drake