[RE-wrenches] Protection against birds

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Oct 25 15:28:42 PDT 2010

I've worked on a couple of commercial projects where birds were trouble. On one, we would clean the array, and in less than a week, it would have crap all over it. Definitely dropped output.
An owl decoy seemed to not have much effect.
On another project, they had installed the high frequency sound emitter. It seemed to work, but younger people that still have their hearing found the sound annoying. I could barely hear it, but I'm 45.
The mister on the site that Ben posted looks interesting, it might cool the modules a bit too?

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer