[RE-wrenches] 2011 NEC Code book with Handbook on CD ROM

Matt Lafferty gilligan06 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 11:06:12 PDT 2010

Hi Drake,

2011 NEC is available now in Looseleaf (3-Ring binder, $95), Softbound
($85), and PDF($85).
http://www.nfpa.org/catalog/product.asp?pid=7011SB&order_src=A291 Don't see
the spiral-bound offered.

2011 NEC Handbook will not be available until at least November 19, 2010. It
will be available in Hardcover. No word yet on availability of CD or PDF.

Like you, I do hardcopy NEC + CD Handbook. I'm in the "wait for digital"
mode, too. Having been a CD handbook user since 2002, I am really hoping
that they've improved the app this time. I have bought mine (and other
codes) thru the tech bookstores and directly from NFPA. As I recall, there
wasn't much of a total cost difference between them. The last couple code
cycles, I have gotten mine directly from the NFPA. I figure that, even if it
costs a couple bucks more, at least I'm supporting their inefficient,
bureacratic, gray-beard organization directly. And I think that's important.

Cheers,

Matt Lafferty