[RE-wrenches] Need simple solution to reverse dry-contact logic on SQF water system

solardude97 solardude97 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 15:04:35 PDT 2010

Allan,
A very simple way to do this is install a float in the tank you are pumping to with a shutoff valve controlled by the float. Install a Square D pressure switch with a DC rating by the pump. As the float rises to full in  the tank and chokes off the discharge outlet the pressure in the line will rise and trip the pressure switch. We are using this method exclusively as there seems to be a glitch in the high frequency communication between the SQ Flex and the CU 200 controller.  The pump is not shutting off on command from the controller consistently in stand alone applications. I am aware of  a half  dozen of these systems experiencing this issue.
You might install a small pressure tank in the line to avoid water hammer in the system. Simple and cheap.
Nathan Jones
Power Source Solar Inc.
Springfield, MO
417-833-4274