[RE-wrenches] enphase D380

Bruce Erickson msolar at mcn.org
Wed Oct 6 15:26:57 PDT 2010

Hi Benn,

No one else has tried the D380's?
We just commissioned our first D380 system, and I can't say we're too impressed. Mainly, half of the cost savings from the doubles was eaten up by having to buy the trunk cables, and at least all the labor saved by mounting less inverters was eaten up by having to manage the bulky trunk cables. The less-than-optimal reality of array wire management is made more challenging by dealing with these big bulky things.
I think we would use these if Enphase goes back to the daisy chain method of the single inverters, but until then, we'll probably stick with the singles.

Bruce Erickson
Mendocino Solar Service
PO Box 1252
Mendocino, CA 95460