[RE-wrenches] PV and Roof Flammability

Michael Welch michael.welch at re-wrenches.org
Thu Sep 23 12:50:21 PDT 2010

Hi gang. It seems to me that an upward sloping gap between the flammable roofing materials and the PV modules would result in a chimney effect for any fire in the roofing materials whether the fire is a result of the PV system or not.

Combine that with the modules blocking access to a roofing fire, and maybe you have their concern.

Just guessing here.