[RE-wrenches] On Demand Heaters for SDHW

Wayne Irwin wayne at pureenergysolar.com
Fri Sep 17 07:40:03 PDT 2010

In our off grid home I installed a Rinnai propane tank less to support
the double pump drain-back system and have had no problems.
The tips that I suggest are: that the tank less be flushed out regularly,
even when not being used in-order to reduce any sediment.
If the water is hard, add a softener or at least a micro filter.
Scale build up can also be a problem.
If this tank less unit is being used as a back up, turn it off unless needed.
The unit will turn off automatically once input water temp reaches its programed output temp.
However, the initial water flow is cold enough to trigger the unit to fire-up, wasting
100,000 btu's of fuel for a minute or so.

Wayne Irwin
Director of Engineering

Pure Energy Solar International Inc.
State Licensed Solar Contractor

License # CVC56695

Wayne at PureEnergySolar.com

http://pureenergysolar.com

352 377-6527 Office
352 336-3299
Fax

The
content of this message is Pure Energy Solar Confidential. If you are
not the intended
recipient and have received this message in error, any use or
distribution is
prohibited. Please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
message from your computer system. Thank you.