[RE-wrenches] Wiley Asset

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Sep 8 20:05:08 PDT 2010

Benn:

A colleague has used the Wiley took and calls it 'marginal.'

I use the Pathfinder and I like the features Ray described.  I wrote a very
simple spreadsheet using the teeny numbers on the month lines to create
100% of any month.  I highlight and delete any of the numbers that are
shaded and the remainder is the percent of exposure for a given month.  You
can multiply the output of PV watts or any other production result for a
complete production prediction.  Easy and free.

William Miller

At 05:38 PM 9/8/2010, you wrote:
>I've used the Pathfinder for decades, so I'm partial to them. Great for
>on-site discussions of shading issues with the customer, as multiple
>people can see the shading at the same time on the spot.
>I've also used their Assistant software, and it works pretty well. You
>take a photo of the actual pathfinder from above, and then download the
>photo into their software.
>You can then calculate total annual impact of any shading in Kwh, or
>percentage of annual production.
>I've been quite happy with the system, and the price for a Pathfinder, and
>the software is much less than the Suneye, I believe.
>
>R. Walters
><mailto:ray at solarray.com>ray at solarray.com
>Solar Engineer
>

>On Sep 8, 2010, at 3:46 PM, benn kilburn wrote:
>
>>Wrenches,
>>
>>I'm looking at trying out another 'solar site evaluation tool', the ASSET
>>(Acme Solar Site Evaluation Tool) from Wiley Electronics.  I'm looking
>>for feedback on its performance and user-ability.
>>I have been using the pathfinder which is great, but not the pathfinder
>>software.
>>
>>Any comments on the ASSET or Pathfinder software would be greatly
>>appreciated.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>benn
>>
>>DayStar Renewable Energy Inc.
>><mailto:benn at daystarsolar.ca>benn at daystarsolar.ca
>>780-906-7807
>>HAVE A SUNNY DAY

>>List Address:
>><mailto:RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org>RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>>
>>Options & settings:
>><http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org>http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org

>>List rules & etiquette:
>><http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm>www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>
>>Check out participant bios:
>><http://www.members.re-wrenches.org/>www.members.re-wrenches.org

>List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
>Options & settings:

>List rules & etiquette:
>www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
>Check out participant bios:
>www.members.re-wrenches.org

>06:07:00

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600
email: william at millersolar.com