[RE-wrenches] RFI from MPPT Charge Controllers

Larry Crutcher larry at starlightsolar.com
Wed Sep 1 09:38:20 PDT 2010

Hi Glenn,
Sure, except for morning net operations right when the controllers are
starting up. Or, daytime on 20 meters for DX operations. Or for weak
signal work or daytime AM radio listeners...and so on. Point is to
find an alternative to the noise.

Dan,
Thanks for the suggestions. The RF noise can be picked up over 100
feet away. #1 & #2 are standard procedure. I have not tried #3 but I
have tried ferrite material on controller in and out wires, no change.
Can you suggest a part number? #4, a Faraday cage might work if the
controller is in the RV storage area and not inside on a wall.

Anyone know about the Xantrex XW, Tristar or other MPPT controllers?

Larry Crutcher, KB5HMU