[RE-wrenches] roof noise after solar install.

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at 1scom.net
Mon Aug 30 15:44:45 PDT 2010

Matt covered about everything but one question's left. Did the homeowner
have new decking installed prior to the new 3-tabs? If so, and if they
failed to leave a space between the 4x8 sheets of ply or OSB, the heat &
moisture can cause swelling that can buckle the edges of the wood. It can
pull nailheads loose from the plywood edges and rafters.
If the metal or plastic spacer clips are visible between sheets from the
attic then this is not the problen. Next might be to call Ghostbusters©.
Regards
Jim Duncan