[RE-wrenches] Inverter for fire protection pump

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Fri Aug 27 19:23:13 PDT 2010

Forgot to mention the usual info: look at the pump to see if a smaller or no surge Grundfos SQE might be able to handle the flow rate and pressure needed.
Pumps are cheap, when you're considering multiple inverters......
Given what you mentioned (110 amp surge at 240 vac), I don't think even a quad stack of Outbacks could do it. ( please ignore my earlier post)
A quad stack could run that, just not start it. Franklin makes a soft start controller, that might work with that pump. What is the Horse power rating?

R. Walters
ray at solarray.com
Solar Engineer