[RE-wrenches] Tight roof layout questions: edge walkway requirements & "small gap" hardware options

Philip Boutelle philboutelle at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 23:45:48 PDT 2010

Just to clarify what is and isn't law in California:
the final draft guidelines developed and adopted by Cal
Fire<http://osfm.fire.ca.gov/pdf/reports/solarphotovoltaicguideline.pdf>are
guidelines, not law, unless the local fire/AHJ has adopted them or
parts
of them into local ordinances. I have heard that in Southern Cal, those
guidelines have been adopted all over the place already, but not so in the
rest of the state.... yet. I think the guideline was officially incorporated
into the next NEC/NFPA cycle, so it will be law pretty soon. Bill Brooks
could probably confirm here on future adoption.
Not that any of this helps your Atlanta install....

-Phil Boutelle
Real Goods Solar