[RE-wrenches] USE-2 in white?

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Mon Aug 2 09:40:00 PDT 2010

The sales rep at a wire mfr recently opined that USE-2 colors other than
black will not have the same sunlight resistance.

I had some red in the field which faded to pink but still looked OK after a
few years...but that's only after a few years, and only OK. White in the
same installation faded to...white but I still am nervous about using colors
after that conversation.

The latest batch that I bought is straight black; I believe the black stuff
contains carbon black which is the "secret sauce" for UV resistance.

Further input from the List would be appreciated.

Jolliness,

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675