[RE-wrenches] UL Listing for meter

Hans Frederickson hans at fredelectric.com
Mon Jul 26 13:46:32 PDT 2010

I scanned the UL White Book and did not find a category listing for bolt-in
or plug-in type watt-hour meters. There are several categories for the meter
sockets. If UL hasn't taken it on, I can't imagine that anyone has paid any
other NRTL to evaluate equipment that typically doesn't require a listing. I
have heard of AHJ's waiving the listing requirements for equipment when no
standard exists... I would suggest to the AHJ that there is no listing for
watt-hour meters so this requirement is impossible to meet.

Regards,
-Hans